Notice to Domestic Customers of BESCA Competent Person Scheme Members
Work in domestic premises carried out by B&ES members of the BESCA Competent Person Scheme is automatically covered by the B&ES Double Guarantee Scheme for a period of up to six years.
When you employ a B&ES registered member to install, replace, upgrade, extend or repair the heating, plumbing or air conditioning system in your home, you will be automatically covered by the B&ES Double Guarantee at no additional cost. Click here for full details of the scheme, including terms and conditions.
- If the B&ES member you have chosen fails to honour its contractual obligations, B&ES will step in and meet the cost of putting things right even if the firm's membership subsequently ceases.
- If the firm should become insolvent or bankrupt or goes into liquidation during the installation, B&ES will arrange for the work to be completed at no additional cost to you.
- Cover applies to heating, plumbing and air conditioning systems with an installed value of up to £50,000 (excluding VAT).
If you would like to know more about the B&ES Double Guarantee or wish to claim against existing work then please contact Mark Oakes at B&ES on 020 7313 4935 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For non-B&ES members, BESCA has in place an arrangement with its insurance partner, Guarantee Protection Insurance Ltd.
If you would like to know more information about the warranty provision or wish to claim against existing work then please contact BESCA on 01768 860449.
Notice to BESCA Competent Person Scheme Members carrying out work for Domestic Customers
Members of the BESCA Competent Person Scheme who are also in membership of the Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES) are automatically covered by the B&ES Double Guarantee Scheme.
The Double Guarantee Scheme is available only to domestic customers and covers heating, plumbing and air conditioning systems with an installed value of up to £50,000 (excluding VAT). Although the warranty applies automatically, member companies must ensure that the customer is aware of the cover by:
- Providing a copy of the TrustMark/B&ES Double Guarantee Scheme leaflet at the time the customer's order is placed.
- Ensuring that the customer receives a copy of the Building Regulations Certificate of Compliance, which is produced automatically when you notify the completed work on the BESCA website for onward transmission to Local Authority Building Control. A summary of the warranty and claim procedures appears at the foot of the compliance certificate.
If you have any queries about the B&ES Double Guarantee Scheme or wish to notify a claim please contact Mark Oakes on email@example.com or by telephone on 020 7313 4935.
In case of difficulty in registering your claim with B&ES, the B&ES Double Guarantee is further underwritten by Guaranteed Protection Insurance Ltd which can be contacted at 37 Carrick Street, Ayr, KA7 1NS quoting Policy Number GPI/B&ESA/1001.
If you would like to know more information about the non-B&ES member warranty provision or wish to claim against existing work then please contact BESCA on 01768 860449.